10.07.2008

Amy & Michael... An International Love Affair

(Above . . . some well traveled shoes)

Well, I must say this was one of the hardest couple to keep track of. . . I met Amy and Michael last year at the Dream Destination Wedding Weekend on Mackinac (location #1)... then we chatted and discovered we lived just a few hours away in Cali (location #2) . . . as we spoke more, I discovered Michael is from Australia. . .and they split their time there as well (location #3) . . .and now the kicker. . . over the past year as the three of us would email back and forth I came to realize that most of the time they were in Asia (location #4) . . pheewww. . .and I thought I traveled a lot...

And that was just the beginning. . . I could go on for hours about this couple, their wedding, their guests. . . everything... but I'll try and keep it short... To sum it up Amy and Michael along with Cameron and Matthew ("the boys") ... truly created an amazing family. I feel blessed to have been such a part of it.

As you can tell I love details, . . but when the details are meaningful and closely connected to the heart as they were that day... the love shines through even brighter (and I get even more teary eyed). Amy and Michael used this beautiful day to honor not only each other but their families, their friends, their ancestors and their traditions. It was truly inspiring!


Okay . . .last thing. . .I MUST pay props to the wonderful team of vendors that pulled this event together.

The cake. . . by the AMAZING and talented Bella e Dolce

The flowers . . . by the talented Weber's Floral and Gifts

The event planner. . . Carole Erbel (For the Love of Mackinac) . . . words cannot even come close to express my appreciation for this woman's talent and skill

and. . . a very very very special thank you . . to my AWESOME assistant Britain... (there is no way I could have done this without you)... you rock!! (just look at her with the camera... you go girl)

Love,
A

1 comment:

miss b. said...

your blog and the slideshow was just sent my way. thanks for sharing the pix. they're gorgeous. and it was great to meet you.
--tina b.