3.24.2008

Mai Anh.. a beautiful artist inside and out

Last week I had the pleasure to shoot Mai Anh's one day solo art exhibition in Montecito, CA. The beautiful event was hosted by Kim Kieler, owner of Kim 3.

For those of you who don't know of Mai Anh, she is an amazing artist and has been called the most influential Vietnamese painter of our time. I had seen her work published in books, and as prints but seeing the original paintings took my breath away. She creates a world of depth and lighting that is unbelievable while using only black and white. I've never seen anything like it. And to top it all off, she had the most joyous soul. Her smile ran deep. You could tell she is a woman who does what she loves and loves to share what she does.
Thank you Kim and Mai Anh for allowing me to be part of this special occasion.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

More often than not I find it difficult to engage in the creative efforts of those whom I only know in different lives. Moreover, as you might guess, finding comfort and confidence in my appraisal of such creations is nearly impossible. In this instance, however, I am joyfully void of any such psychological turbulence for I can honestly tell you that the photographs posted on this site are incredible. Your work is (all-at-once) breathtaking, surprising, and disarming. I am looking forward to seeing more upon my arrival. Be well my friend.

Erich