4.16.2008

A Hike Up a Mountain...

Alright I lied . . .not a hike. . .more like a very very long and winding drive.

This weekend I thought, "ya know, I've lived in Santa Barbara now for seven years and have NEVER seen the wildflowers on Figueroa Mountain.. I think it's time for me to explore." For those of you that don't know Fig Mountain is in the Santa Ynez Valley behind Santa Barbara (think wine country in the movie Sideways).


Now, I didn't quite realize what I was getting into. I pictured a quick little jaunt maybe 20 minutes roundtrip up a hill that would be covered with wildflowers. . .Well an hour later, what I found was a two lane road . . .that turned into a 1 and 1/2 lane road with no centerline . . . that turned into a 1 lane road. . . that turned into a gravel road... that turned into a dirt path (and that was just one way... granted I was shooting the whole way)!!

So there I am in my little old Corolla off-roading up a mountain by myself (probably not the smartest thing, but at least I had phone service ... so don't worry mom). BUT at the top it was completely worth it. . . there were so many beautiful wildflowers. . .and in two of my favorite colors... purple and orange!!

It's so nice sometimes to go out... just me... my camera .... and an adventure!!

May you all find your own personal adventure this week!

Love,
A

No comments: