4.24.2008

The Knot Wedding Submissions...

So about a month ago, I promised myself that I would start actively submitting to magazines, competitions, and anything else I could think of. In order to keep this goal fresh in my mind I challenged myself to do this once a month. .. last month was the National Geographic competition through PDN . . . this month The Knot.
I was inspired by my dear friends and fellow photographers Michael & Anna Costa who told me . .. just keep submitting, it may not happen right away but it will get your name out there and people recognizing you. So . . . here I am... ready to show the world . . . yikes!
I probably shouldn't be writing about this right after doing it (might jinx it) but it's not about winning... its about pushing myself outside my comfort zone, putting my work out there for all to see and taking my photography business to another level.. right?
Plus I kind of wanted to give props out to these special brides of mine from last year who took so much time and effort to meticulously plan each detail of their wedding by themselves. Gina, Emily and Christine . . .you girls rock . .thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of it all!
May all of you step outside your comfort zone once in awhile. . . it's kind of exhilarating!

Happy Monday!

Love,
A

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you so very much and have been meaning to call you at least once a day. I have also been meaning to visit and start reading your blogs...I'm gonna call you, but I am so glad I read these. I've said it before and I'll say it again--I am SO very proud of you and everything that you do. I've felt so very busy lately, but everytime I connect with you, I feel happy, energized and centered(odd, isn't it...j/k). I love you, cuz. Keep doing what your doing. Your the best. Miss you lots, ~Jess

GG said...

Hey Andrejka!

Good luck on your submissions. I think they are beautiful but I may be biased because I'm in them! But really, just looking at your blog and seeing many other pictures you've taken you truely are talented and I'm so happy (and lucky)I was able to have you capture my day.
Gina