9.28.2008

WOW . . .what a weekend...

This weekend is just about over . . it's 11:59 p.m Sunday night and before I go to bed I just had to write one last thing. I was debating about writing because I really have no images to show off the last two days... just my thoughts and vivid descriptions...

So, here we go... I woke up Saturday morning and read a line in a book that has stuck with me...

"If you want to experience the miraculous, start to look for the miraculous in everything."
(Alice Inoue... A Loving Guide to These Shifting Times)

I got out of bed went for a run . . and kept this idea in mind. . . I noticed the sunlight shine through and burst between a row of eucalyptus trees

. . . then a few hours later, I noticed a beautiful little girl sitting on a park bench wearing a bright yellow shirt with a yellow bow in her hair this yellow matched perfectly her laughter and smile that shined like the sun...

It was like this all day long. . . a person, a flower, a song,

...and the way the day ended was the biggest miracle of all... I was standing in the middle of a horse coral with 4 of my dearest friends looking up at the night sky.
The stars were unlike anything I've ever seen before (which says a lot since I grew up in the country in Michigan where the Northern Lights were a common occurance) ... the milky way was as clear as day... the only noise we could here were two owls talking to each other from separate trees. . . then as we silently stared up looking for constellations . . .not 1 . . .not 2 . . .but THREE shooting stars flew across the sky!!

May you all SEE the miraculous things that happen around you everyday!!

Have a beautiful week.

Love,
A

1 comment:

Kacie Jean said...

I love trying to live each day like this! There are so many beautiful things around us, it's easy to get distracted and forget to notice them every once in a while!

See you soon!