6.30.2008

What a day in the Valley!!

I must say after traveling just a short 30 minutes from home for one night, I feel like I've been in another world, another time, another paradise!!

I spent last night in the Santa Ynez Valley... a sunny land of ranches and wine, olive oil and art, . . and even miniature donkeys if you can believe it.

My mom is here for just one more day and so we traveled . .north or east . . .heck I don't know . . over the hills for a relaxing getaway. It was AMAZING. My only request for the day, to not have to look at my watch.

So as we took our time driving through the gorgeous twists and turns of the 154. Mom said to me . .
hey by the way I used up all your olive oil . . well, good thing I had heard of this great little spot in Los Olivos (Global Gardens) that does olive oil tastings. Our whole day was like that ... unplanned from start to... well,almost finish . . .(I ALWAYS make a reservation for dinner). From there it was off to a sculpture garden and studio (where artist Blake Rankin tears away at chunks of stone to create beautiful pieces of art). Then is was time for a little "Sol" by the pool and relaxation around the ranch just before dinner . . . (my only planned event of the day) at my favorite favorite Italian restaurant Trattoria Grappolo (where you are always met with a smiling Italian and a kiss on each cheek).

Oh . . the donkeys you ask . . . just another one of the adorable charming parts that make up ranch land. . . take a look

I hope you all find mini adventures and relaxing paradises in your backyards!!

Love,
A

2 comments:

mckenzee said...

Hey Andrejka,

Thanks for the book! It was a wonderful surprise. We had looked through it with the seamstress and Jessica has been wanting a copy of her own.

Larry

mary jane said...

Hope you had fun with mama! Moms are the best. Sweet photos. Love the donkey (?) ones...