6.02.2008

My Big Fat Irish Chinese American Wedding...

This past weekend I had the great honor to photograph my dear friends Emily & Gerry as they tied the knot at the Fess Parker Double Tree Resort. These two amazing people have been a special part of my life for years and to watch them pledge their love for each other in front of 150 friends and family was simply beautiful. The minute Emily stepped out into the rotunda with her father, I began to tear up... it was such a special moment. The entire wedding was a perfect mix of heartfelt emotion and absolute ridiculousness . . . just like Emily and Gerry themselves!!

Let me paint a quick pictur
e for you... imagine Gerry's Irish relatives mixed with Emily's Chinese family, now take their very hilarious friend Greg (the officiant) attempting to speak both Gaelic and Mandarin . . . (sweet and funny all at the same time)... throw in a mish mash of crazy friends (myself included), some dim sum, some BBQ, .. and the feeling of a fiesta...

. . and did I mention the hei
ght difference... Emily at 5'6" , Gerry a little bit taller at 6'11".. and yet they fit perfectly together!!

Emily and Gerry, my heart became a little bigger watching the two of yo
u on Saturday... thank you...

May you love
and laugh more and more with every passing year... (and Emily we all know you can Laugh)

Love you both,

A

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your photos are absolutely breathtaking! Amazing job. You captured the wedding perfectly.
Much love,
Veronika Zappelli

Armin de Fiesta said...

Awesome work!