12.21.2008

Day 1.... Brrrrrrrrrrr


So I have officially survived Day 1 of Holiday Vacation 08... which I really shouldn't call a vacation don't get me wrong I love visiting with all my family and friends but a vacation should include relaxation, comfortable beds, a beach, and maybe some fruity drinks with an umbrella... but for what its worth I can't complain... I was met at the airport at 5:00 a.m. with Hot Coco and 2 smiling faces (even though they had just driven an hour in snow covered Detroit streets). Becky & Pete you two are ROCKSTARS!!!

I've flown into Detroit a million times but this was the first time I actually HEARD the ice and snow beneath the plane as we landed...

Just look at the wing....

Then once I slept off my red eye, I looked around and was happy to see (from inside a warm home) a snow covered porch, lovely lights and a beautiful Christmas tree... ahhhhh the holidays have arrived (even if they are cold)... luckily I have mulled wine to keep me warm!




1 comment:

joyfulgirl said...

Beautiful photos sweet friend. Looking forward to hearing of your holiday adventures and seeing your glowing smile again soon. Happy, happy Christmas!