11.25.2008

Get Registered...

So I just wanted to share with you my new favorite thing I'm offering... okay so it's not so new... but I thought I would write about since I think it is soooo neat and very few people have taken advantage of it.

I always have a hard time knowing what to get a couple that's getting married. Being a part of the industry and also being a professional wedding guest (I've averaged 5-7 weddings a year for about 10 years now . . .NOT including the one's I shoot)... I know how important it is NOT to veer off the registry. Each Bride and Groom spend days stressing about what to register for and even though you may think it's boring and impersonal to get them one tea saucer in their set of 10 . . . remember that's what they want!!

So being the creative type. . . I always battle back and forth on how to buy a pretty, creative gift . . off the registry of plates, saucers, and bowls... well . . .here's the solution

Build a Registry...
It's a great way to register for all things offered by a vendor ... and in my case PHOTOGRAPHY. All I know is I would much rather give the gift of a photograph then a saucer (but that's just me)... I am a bit biased. So keep this in mind and ask your vendors about it

One last thing, I had a very close friend get married in a VERY small town in Mexico. I was so impressed and touched by the way her wedding came about that I always thought to myself... now this makes sense. Each family or guest would take a separate aspect of the wedding and "gift" it to the couple... one family would bake the cake, another would host it, another would help decorate . .. etc etc... In fact the most touching weddings I attend and shoot are those created by their family and friends.

If you think about it, a lot of couples these days already have everything they need for a home (or double that)... so this is a way to not only help with the cost of the wedding but also include a sense of love and giving to the entire event.

Just my thoughts on this rainy day in Santa Barbara
(which BTW makes me smile and want to curl up with a blanket and watch a good romantic comedy)

Get Cozy ....

Love,
A

1 comment:

Cody said...

I wish more vendors would use something like that... we're definitely in the "got everything we need" boat, and would like to register for our honeymoon and other services as well.

There is a nice little "concierge service" in town that I would love to be able to add to our registry... to feed the cat while we're away, and maybe paint our apartment. I was very disappointed to see that they didn't even have gift certificates.