11.26.2008

Thanksgiving shopping. . .and so it begins.

One little known secret about me. . . I LOVE to cook... (for Thanksgiving)... it's the one time during the year that I feel it appropriate to indulge in hours of recipe searching... trying new things, borrowing from relatives, and bringing family traditions to a table. My problem I can never decide what yummy dish to make... so I make them all... right now I'm up to 4 side dishes... possibly 5 (heck, you never know if one or two or four may not turn out to be edible).. I said I love to cook . . .not that I'm good at it!!

Now. . .I may love the cooking part ... but I can't stand the shopping part... its the only time of year where no matter what store you go to the same items are completely cleared out while the item next to it is untouched... blank empty spaces everywhere...
no mini marshmallows
no frenches crispy onions
no more whipped cream... (hope heavy cream is the same... ?!?!?!)

So last night I decided to hit the stores a bit early... over all it was okay... had my list in hand. . .and found everything but the whipping cream . .oh well . . . like I said I got 3 or 4 other dishes I can share.

May you all have a weekend full of Thankfulness, Love and sharing!!

Many blessings to you all!

Love,
A


BTW... Who first decided it was smart to pair sweet potatoes with marshmallows (not saying I disagree but what makes you put a marshmallow with a potato) . .and the fact that we all eat it ... and only once a year!!

No comments: