11.30.2008

Giving Thanks...


What a Thanksgiving!!! So, I have to say Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. Even though I may not be able to spend it with my family as everyone is spread across the country... my friends become my family for the day. We each bring a our own unique family traditions to the table.

This year I spent it with 2 of my favorite girlfriends on earth and their families... it was 30 hours of relaxation, fun and adventure... from G cooking her first Turkey (honestly didn't think it was going to be pretty. . but
damn girl you rocked that bird), picking apples, climbing trees (in heels no less), a mini pool competition, laughing about life, love, and the pursuit of happiness . . as girls usually do... and a break to bath the little ones before they went to bed... I must admit being that I have no children and am a photographer I love the idea that I was responsible for the pics that 15 years from now will haunt these children and cause many an embarrassing conversation in their teenage years. . . hee hee hee... the joys of being the girl with the camera.

Then Friday morning my mini holiday continued with horseback riding, playing with the kids... and then barrel tasting at the Koehler Winery (one of the neighbors)... It was the perfect way to end Thanksgiving.

Imagine... a Thanksgiving with 3 dogs, 2 horses, 4 donkeys, 8 cows, 1 calf, and 1 ram... not to mention a yummy turkey, tons of food, 3 adorable little ones, and amazing friendship...

I am so Thankful... for all those in my life, my family (who is supportive, and loving beyond explanation).... my friends (who stick by my side on a daily basis no matter what) . . and all the new people I meet (who inspire me every day).

May you all realize the gifts of love around you!!

Love,
A


Here girls... check out the slide show...

1 comment:

joyfulgirl said...

that turkey day was so much fun!!! great pics especially of you climbing the tree;) loved seeing you twice in a row...I think I'm stealing your slideshow for my blog now, hee hee
xoxo