5.15.2008

Colors and light and a walk at night... plus a little poetry too

Maybe its the photographer in me, maybe its that as I get older I am starting to notice the little things ... or maybe it's just plain unmistakable beauty... but have you ever noticed that light can make such a difference on everything around you, it can set a mood, it can evoke emotions, it can even make you trip and fall (when its not there)...

So ... last night I went for the most amazing walk it started around 6:45 jus
t as the sun was barely starting to go down and lasted till dark. We started at the new place and headed towards the beach (for Nite Moves: this awesome summer activity here in SB) ... We thought this would be a great way to get a feel for the new hood...

As we winded our way down the hills... every passing minute the light changed... now obviously I'd noticed beautiful sunsets before but what I noticed this time was that the feel for the neighborhood and the look of the streets changed as each shade of blue slowly turned to pinks purples and oranges and finally to dark. This may seem like such a simple concept but for some reason last night it opened my eyes and took my breath away...
it was so amazing to be walking the same streets and feel like I was in a completely different place.
I think I've just come up with a new little goal for myself . . . everyday take a conscious moment to see my world through fresh eyes... hmmm, keep life exciting and push my creative thinking... this could be good

One of my favorite movie scenes is from Dead Poets Society, Robin Williams has his class stand on top of the desk and see the room from a different view while... "Sounding ... barbaric yawps from the rooftops of the world..."
(a quote from my favorite poem: Leaves of Grasses by Walt Whitman) ... I think it's time to do this more often... maybe not sounding the yawps... that might scare a few people...

Well, this started out as a short little blurb about a sunset walk . . . oops, guess I blabbered on a bit...

May you all see your world through fresh eyes and find excitement in the everyday things!!

Love,
A

No comments: