5.01.2008

My Awesome . . PUG...

Nope... not the dog. MY PUG stands the "Pictage User Group".

I just had to talk about this amazing group of photographers here in Santa Barbara. Pictage is an awesome company that many professional photographers (myself included) use for their online viewing and ordering galleries. They not only serve a purpose to each photographer individually but they encourage us to build a community.

A little over a year ago I hesitantly attended my first PUG (to be honest it was because they were offering a free album). I was nervous to be in a room with all these SB photographers that were my "competition". How would these people REALLY react to each other... well, words cannot explain how I felt wa
lking out of that first meeting. I had never felt such support, encouragement, and willingness to share. I can honestly say that throughout the past year the friends I've made,the connections I've formed, and the lessons I've learned have not only improved my photography exponentially but improved my life. It's a true community of photographers that meets once a month in order to encourage, inspire, and uplift each other in our business and in our lives!!

Anyways, last night
Kacie Jean (fabu
lous photo friend) organized an incredible meeting that revolved around branding and logos. Danielle Siano gave us such an amazing presentation. I can't wait to implement everything I learned.

May you all find a community that inspi
res, uplifts, and encourages your passion!!

Love,

A


Sorry... no pics from last night so I thought I would just show you a long lost pic I found rece
ntly that I've decided I love... it's an artichoke if you can believe it!! How cool is that!!!

No comments: