5.21.2008

I LOVE PEOPLE!!!! I really do ...

... and I love it even more when people impress me!! So I have to give props out to not one . . but TWO local Santa Barbara photographers.

First, to my dear friend Janey (Mary Jane photography). She has decided to take her gift and give . . . she is starting a program through her photography business called "operation: i love you". She will be offering free photo shoots to any man or woman who is being deployed for 6 months or longer. It is such an awesome idea... what's the best thing to have when you miss someone... PHOTOS... I hope to be helping her with it in Santa Barbara as well as on Mackinac Island. So please checkout more information on her blog (www.maryjaneweddings.com/blog/). And if any of you know of people who might be interested in volunteering or wanting to take part send them the information.
... And the second photog I want to pay props to is Ricky Mia... a brand new friend. He is the epitome of joy for his job... I met up with him last night to talk about this great project he's working on. He is in the process of publishing an extensive magazine quality Wedding Guide that will be covering Santa Barbara County... surprisingly enough there isn't one here. I think it's awesome that he is pulling this together, it not only helps all of us vendors but our clients as well.

I just have to say that every week I am more and more impressed with the community of photographers located in Santa Barbara. They are the most welcoming, and generous group of professionals I've ever met... I feel truly blessed to be a part of this group... you guys all rock!!!

May you all find a group that supports, loves, and encourages you to chase after your passions!

Love,
A

1 comment:

mary jane said...

Thanks for the post! I'm so glad you're on board! I'll keep you posted & put you on my list. See you Wednesday! XOXO