5.22.2008

I Can't Believe I Won!!!

I am sooo excited!!! I just found out last night that one of the photo contests I entered last month just won!! I can't believe it...

A few months ago I promised myself that I would start actively entering my photography into contests and submissions every month. One of the first one's I tried was Open Photo Contest. This idea was started by an amazing and wonderful photographer, David Jay... he is not only extremely talented, a genius when it comes to business, but incredibly generous and nice... I barely know him and yet he has welcomed myself and other photographers into his home on several occasions just to have fun and share!! I feel blessed (yet again) to have such talent right in my backyard.

So, the coolest thing about this contest, and why I feel overwhelmingly honored that my photograph is recognized... it is judged by hundreds of fellow photographers. The fact that my peers, with incredibly skilled eyes, would choose my image warms my heart and encourages me beyond belief.

Thank you so much!!!.. I guess I'll keep entering ;)

Love,
A

Here's the pic... It was taken at an amazing villa, Monte Poni, in the Chianti Region of Italia.


8 comments:

Nathaniel Thompson said...

congrats, andrejka! i love this shot, it has such a romantic feel.

Alicia Brown Photo said...

My goodness! I heard you talk about this one on PFTP and decided to head over here after you paid me a visit...at any rate. NO WONDER WHY YOU WON! THIS SHOT IS OUTTA THIS WORLD!

Andrejka said...

Thank you SOOOO Much!!!

Kacie Jean said...

WOW Andrejka!!! This photo is absolutely gorgeous! It's so romantic and so different then the other dress shots out there. Such a beautiful dress too! Congrats on the win :)

joyfulgirl said...

sooooooo very excited for you and the way you keep putting yourself out there A!!! You're my hero:)

Candice said...

Congrats, Andrea!! That is a beautiful shot! And to think, that you are going to photograph my wedding!!! How lucky am I?

Alicia Candelora said...

LOVE this photo and I am a fan of your work!

Can I ask what other contests you enter and how you have gone about doing it? I am new to the business and want to start entering contests but I am not sure where to start

GG said...

That is awesome congrats!

This is the picture I saw that made me say "I HAVE to get her!". It really is special.

Chris and I will be on Mackinac Island the weekend of August 1st. Let me know if you are going to be there.
Gina