5.27.2008

Facing Fears . .. YIKES...


So my blog today is a little bit random... and maybe a bit personal... but I faced one of my biggest fears in life today. . . and although it is COMPLETELY unrelated to photography, I am just so relieved that I had to say something... 


What did I do you ask? ... I survived the DENTIST... now some of you may be thinking what's the big deal everyone does that, well for those of you who feel my pain when the dentist is one of your biggest fears. . . going can be quite traumatic (there's even an organization:  Dental Fear Central:  I'm not making this up)... which is why I hadn't gone in a very long time (so long I am not going to embarrass myself by telling you an exact time)... needless to say my mouth is quite clean albeit a bit sore ... but I DID IT, I survived . .. and may I add without any cavities (woohoo) ... I just may try this whole dentist thing again... 
 
My lesson in it all, once you face your fears it is such a RELIEF... the stories you make up in your head are much worse then reality ... the Dr cleared up so many falsehoods I had conjured up by anxiety ridden mind (like my teeth were crumbling... ick) ... Well,   I can rest easy tonight --but not till after I floss...  

Hope this helps a few of you face a fear or two...  I did it,  now the next one:  snakes... maybe next year ;)

Love,
A

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG, I am the exact same way with dentists. I didn't go for years because I was scared to go to a new one. I had the same dentist (after a disastrous one when I was a kid) from 8-19. He finally had to fire me since I was too old. :( But I finally found a new one in Montecito that puts me at ease. :)