8.08.2008

Waugo . .what??? Waugoshance ... Waugoshance . . .Waugoshance

Say it three times and it brings you good luck and happiness forever . . . okay, maybe I'm making that up, but it is a fun word to say once you get used to it. And now you must be wondering what the heck a Waugoshance is, is it a monster found in the deep forests of Northern Michigan? (close but not quite) . . . is it a tiny little instrument used to lead the way? (getting closer, but not so tiny)...

Well, it is a Magical Lighthouse found that acts as the western gate to the Straights of Mackinac in Northern Michigan... it's history is legendary (ghosts, WWII bombing target, and more, yet it still stands)..
. due to technology it is being threatened to become extinct. My good friend Chris is helping to save this lighthouse. I had the pleasure when I was back on Mackinac to shoot it from that tiny little plane as the boats went by... now that I've seen it from the air, and read about it's sweet history I can't wait to go visit it up close . . .and maybe even get a glimpse of the ghost...

To Learn more about this lovely light in the middle of the big lake . .check out the link below:
http://www.waugoshance
.org

Looks like the Ghost prefers Heineken & Amstel Ligh
t!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Pics of the lighthouse. Next time we will take the boat out and hang for a bit.

All is well on Mackinac

Chris

Anonymous said...

Great photos. I've visited the lighthouse during winter by treking over the ice. i created a camping bread to honor the lighthouse. i write about it in my blog.